I also read this in the Huffington Post this morning and decided it's time.
Here is what I am dumping out:
- I will never knit an afghan out of left-over sock yarn. I will either throw those scraps out (Grandma the Depression is over) or knit Barbie tube dresses for the little girls. You can decide yourself what is more likely.
- I will never learn to do or apply hand-made buttonholes. With all due respect Claire Shaffaer (and I do respect you) are you nuts?
- Drape, draft, or fit a custom pants pattern.
Make my own pants pattern.Thanks Style Arc.
- Make monogrammed machine embroidered pillow cases for the whole house. The People's Republic is taking care of that.
- Actually sew only from my enormous stash for a whole year. Not when fabric buying is my number one stress reduction technique.
- Sew a properly tailored suit. Have thought about it but since all my energy is going into moving my work life to a from home/online basis this makes no sense. Never did actually.
- Learn to use all aspects of my Wild Ginger software. OK maybe if I were stranded on a desert island that had a power outlet. But it's the sewing part I like.
O.K. I am sure I will think of a lot more to add to this list today.
But over to you.
That's always more interesting.