Sewing (crafting) is excellent for your health. I think we knew this anyway.
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to Barbara Emodi's monthly Newsletter
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"
Monday, March 24, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
- Yes I am still here.
- The bug came, went, did a U turn, came and now went.
- Didn't miss any work because I will go home when I figure those kids have all they need to have in their heads in their heads.
- Last week I got this email just before class "I won't be in class today because I thought today was Sunday and only realized it wasn't when texting my friends and realized they were at school."
- You see where I am coming from here.
- Somewhere along the way to Too-much-to-dos-ville I realized.
- If I don't sew something soon I am going to lose my mind.
- You know that feeling?
- However with end of term and dog walking and being flu-esque I didn't really have time to sew.
- So I took the only reasonable way out.
- I sewed dolmans.
- This will be remembered, by me, as the time I was so busy I sewed dolmans.
- Five T shirts actually to go with my five knit Elle pants.
- I just might give you a dress form shot a day this week as proof.
- And you know.
- Sometimes life is like a V neck.
- I made one of the dolmans yesterday and the neckband was too wide for not super stretchy fabric and it sort of gaped.
- Looked OK by those standards that only God is perfect and a man riding by on a fast horse wouldn't notice.
- That's all fine but when I got up this morning and put it on the kitchen counter for a look I decided - we do better work than that in this shop.
- So before I changed my mind I cut off the neckband with the chicken scissors and went down to the sewing room and installed a cross over V.
- Your standards can slip but not too much, and not every day.
- Or most days.
- So glad I have finished House of Cards on Netflix.
- Claire was getting to me.
- You can't trust a woman with no accessories on her outfit and no knick knacks in her house.
- That should have been everyone's first clue.
- It was mine.
- Sometimes when my husband is away I make a pan of sweet and sour chicken wings and eat it myself. With brown rice and beets.
- Got to watch those dolmans in the sauce.
- Got diagnosed this week with saddle sores from riding the exercise bike.
- Amused doctor told me to wear some of those padded bum shorts out of spandex.
- I can see me now, getting dressed like Lance Armstrong to go down to the basement and sit on the bike and look at pattern sites in my iPad.
- Hardly an extreme sport
- But I guess it depends on where you sit.
- I am thinking what I really need is a FBA to the seat.
- You figure it out.
- Might have to cut back on the chicken wings.
- In three weeks I will be in Florida.
- No more of these long blogging breaks then.
Posted by Barbara at 8:44 PM