Sewing (crafting) is excellent for your health. I think we knew this anyway.
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
Monday, March 24, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
- Yes I am still here.
- The bug came, went, did a U turn, came and now went.
- Didn't miss any work because I will go home when I figure those kids have all they need to have in their heads in their heads.
- Last week I got this email just before class "I won't be in class today because I thought today was Sunday and only realized it wasn't when texting my friends and realized they were at school."
- You see where I am coming from here.
- Somewhere along the way to Too-much-to-dos-ville I realized.
- If I don't sew something soon I am going to lose my mind.
- You know that feeling?
- However with end of term and dog walking and being flu-esque I didn't really have time to sew.
- So I took the only reasonable way out.
- I sewed dolmans.
- This will be remembered, by me, as the time I was so busy I sewed dolmans.
- Five T shirts actually to go with my five knit Elle pants.
- I just might give you a dress form shot a day this week as proof.
- And you know.
- Sometimes life is like a V neck.
- I made one of the dolmans yesterday and the neckband was too wide for not super stretchy fabric and it sort of gaped.
- Looked OK by those standards that only God is perfect and a man riding by on a fast horse wouldn't notice.
- That's all fine but when I got up this morning and put it on the kitchen counter for a look I decided - we do better work than that in this shop.
- So before I changed my mind I cut off the neckband with the chicken scissors and went down to the sewing room and installed a cross over V.
- Your standards can slip but not too much, and not every day.
- Or most days.
- So glad I have finished House of Cards on Netflix.
- Claire was getting to me.
- You can't trust a woman with no accessories on her outfit and no knick knacks in her house.
- That should have been everyone's first clue.
- It was mine.
- Sometimes when my husband is away I make a pan of sweet and sour chicken wings and eat it myself. With brown rice and beets.
- Got to watch those dolmans in the sauce.
- Got diagnosed this week with saddle sores from riding the exercise bike.
- Amused doctor told me to wear some of those padded bum shorts out of spandex.
- I can see me now, getting dressed like Lance Armstrong to go down to the basement and sit on the bike and look at pattern sites in my iPad.
- Hardly an extreme sport
- But I guess it depends on where you sit.
- I am thinking what I really need is a FBA to the seat.
- You figure it out.
- Might have to cut back on the chicken wings.
- In three weeks I will be in Florida.
- No more of these long blogging breaks then.
Posted by Barbara at 8:44 PM