- Been doing a lot of sewing.
- Reviews and pictures will trickle by you soon.
- In the mood for this instead tonight.
- Spent the day trying to feel sorry for myself.
- Really hard.
- Love of my life is leaving soon for two months above the Arctic Circle.
- You read that right.
- So far north and any further he is on his way back.
- Serves him right.
- I will have to find the remote on my own.
- He has the attributes that matter most to a Canadian wife.
- He can make a person laugh even in February.
- Even on a Monday morning in February.
- He shovels the snow.
- He makes nachos when you want to sew.
- I notice when he is gone.
- This week my workplace was shut because of a blizzard.
- Half my evening online class didn't log in.
- Said they thought we were cancelled because of the weather.
- You see what I am up against here.
- Started some clothes to have self pity in.
- Velour housecoat in case I decide to age this way or become a hoarder.
- It involved the Rule of Corners.
- If you are a new sewer let me explain.
- If you set in something with corners only one will turn out.
- Or if they both work, they will be different.
- This is a rule.
- When I was a young pup sewing wise I would have ripped it all out.
- Three times.
- And made holes.
- I now know better.
- My daughter had ric rack at her place.
- Pretty much if you have ric rack you are in business.
- Woke up at 11:30 Wednesday night and my step daughter was standing in the hallway.
- She lives in England.
- Not in my hallway.
- They were coming for a visit and they got stuck in a snowdrift on the way to her sister's.
- We thought the flight had been cancelled.
- Good thing I am close.
- And I always have a lasagna in the freezer.
- English boyfriend thought snow was so neat so l he dug out my walk.
- There is potential there.
- Ric Rack cheered me right up.
- Even went and fixed the holes the spouse's felted mittens.
- It is very helpful in this life to be shallow.
- The best thing about grandchildren is that a kid is back in the house.
- And it's you.
- I will be in Florida in April.
- Pretty sure Miss Heidi put a toothbrush down the sink.
- Will know when the pipes get cut open.
- But we are not missing a toothbrush.
- This is getting exciting.
- My grandfather's first pharmacy was on the way to the North.
- Place called Flin Flon.
- The store was called Gateway Drugs.
- You can't make stuff like this up.
- My dad was named after the president of their best selling product.
- Sanitary napkins.
- That was my dad's name not the sanitary napkins.
- What do you expect.
- After that my grandfather called him Skip.
- Wonder if there are any nachos left.
- May all your problems be fixable with ric rack.
- That is not an Irish blessing.
- It should be.
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to Barbara Emodi's monthly Newsletter
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Posted by Barbara at 6:45 PM