- Been doing a lot of sewing.
- Reviews and pictures will trickle by you soon.
- In the mood for this instead tonight.
- Spent the day trying to feel sorry for myself.
- Really hard.
- Love of my life is leaving soon for two months above the Arctic Circle.
- You read that right.
- So far north and any further he is on his way back.
- Serves him right.
- I will have to find the remote on my own.
- He has the attributes that matter most to a Canadian wife.
- He can make a person laugh even in February.
- Even on a Monday morning in February.
- He shovels the snow.
- He makes nachos when you want to sew.
- I notice when he is gone.
- This week my workplace was shut because of a blizzard.
- Half my evening online class didn't log in.
- Said they thought we were cancelled because of the weather.
- You see what I am up against here.
- Started some clothes to have self pity in.
- Velour housecoat in case I decide to age this way or become a hoarder.
- It involved the Rule of Corners.
- If you are a new sewer let me explain.
- If you set in something with corners only one will turn out.
- Or if they both work, they will be different.
- This is a rule.
- When I was a young pup sewing wise I would have ripped it all out.
- Three times.
- And made holes.
- I now know better.
- My daughter had ric rack at her place.
- Pretty much if you have ric rack you are in business.
- Woke up at 11:30 Wednesday night and my step daughter was standing in the hallway.
- She lives in England.
- Not in my hallway.
- They were coming for a visit and they got stuck in a snowdrift on the way to her sister's.
- We thought the flight had been cancelled.
- Good thing I am close.
- And I always have a lasagna in the freezer.
- English boyfriend thought snow was so neat so l he dug out my walk.
- There is potential there.
- Ric Rack cheered me right up.
- Even went and fixed the holes the spouse's felted mittens.
- It is very helpful in this life to be shallow.
- The best thing about grandchildren is that a kid is back in the house.
- And it's you.
- I will be in Florida in April.
- Pretty sure Miss Heidi put a toothbrush down the sink.
- Will know when the pipes get cut open.
- But we are not missing a toothbrush.
- This is getting exciting.
- My grandfather's first pharmacy was on the way to the North.
- Place called Flin Flon.
- The store was called Gateway Drugs.
- You can't make stuff like this up.
- My dad was named after the president of their best selling product.
- Sanitary napkins.
- That was my dad's name not the sanitary napkins.
- What do you expect.
- After that my grandfather called him Skip.
- Wonder if there are any nachos left.
- May all your problems be fixable with ric rack.
- That is not an Irish blessing.
- It should be.
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Posted by Barbara at 6:45 PM