- Had a really spectacular September
- Family company from Ontario, the US, and England
- Loved it all
- Reminded me that I have no need for personal space
- Grew up like that
- Pretty sure I was 35 before I was in a room by myself
- I remember my mother when we had visitors
- "They're in there by themselves in the living room!"
- "Quick someone go in and talk to them."
- I am going to be going to visit my mother later this new month
- We will talk
- In the meantime I am gearing up for my busy season
- Hallowe'en costumes then Christmas
- As soon as I finish here it's back to crocheting a baby flamingo hat
- Mysteries of the universe
- Why do crochet patterns always call for synthetic or blend yarn and knitting patterns always call for expensive yarn?
- Maybe crochet would be less stiff if natural fibres were used
- Quick I need Netflix recommendations
- What's with the categories?
- Who wants something that is in the actual category of "suburban disfunction"?
- Gee grab the popcorn
- Where is the category of "funny and interesting with no violence or anybody being sad?"
- Just finished Derry Girls which was ideal but now over
- Where's the category of "good for crocheting baby hats where you don't need a pattern?"
- Or "Suitable for people doing hems in bed with a dog lying on their legs?"
- Or series that are "good enough to watch but won't keep you awake when that episode is done or make you watch so much in one night that you have to tell your spouse in the morning you shouldn't have stayed up?"
- Speaking of which
- My husband had a dream last night, a bad one
- He broke a broom
- That was it
- The bad part
- Are our lives getting too quiet?
- But better than the one when he woke up and thought I was a raccoon
- A very Canadian dream that one
- This week I am having friend come to sew days
- Hosted in my basement
- Love those days
- May sneak in something for myself before I start sewing pink feathers onto a tiny cape
- Need something new for the fall
- We raccoons can't let ourselves go
- Got to give the bigger kids time to settle into their choices
- I once made one son a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde costume
- Split right down the middle
- A suit jacket on one side and a shirt on the other
- Thought it was brilliant
- Then kid came home and said he would rather be a robber like his friends
- You know T shirt and carry a pillow case and have a mask
- Not that I didn't forgive him
- Telling you this story 25 years later proves that
- Once again I will be the Cat in the Hat
- It's one hell of a hat
- And I need a return on my investment
- Unlike Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Wonder if that's on Netflix?
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"