To prove that although I enjoy knitting I am not a great knitter, but what I understand is a process knitter. It soothes me.
Here is the pattern, one I am sure everyone has:
1. Cast on four stitches.
2. Knit one, yarn over, knit to the end.
3. Do the above row until there are 44 stitches on the needle (I love that I only have to remember one number, four, in this whole pattern).
4. Once there are the 44 stitches next row you start the decrease.
5. Knit one, knit two together, knit one, knit two together, knit to the end.
6. When all that is left is 4 stitches cast off.
You can make about one a day of these if you really need settling down.