- When someone shouts "Do it Babsie, do it."
- Maybe you shouldn't listen
- Particularly if the shoutee is four
- And you are on a trampoline
- You should probably never crochet anything with orange in it
- Children are like transplants
- You start them in the house under wraps
- When they get bigger you might move them to bigger pots
- And eventually a few hours out on the deck to get them used to the outdoors
- Then you plant them outside and watch them from the window
- You share the harvest
- Can you believe a person can be this profound with her feet up on a beach ball?
- Surprise party for the youngest tomorrow
- He is too busy to read this blog
- Good thing
- I have been working on food all week
- I made six quarts of pickled carrots
- Girl friend wants to borrow my cutting out table for Beer Pong
- Not sure what that is but suspect it will be a first for that table
- I have noted that whenever any one has to go to a costume party they shop my closet
- I bet those minimalist folks who dress like French woman can't say that
- When they tell you not to grease the angel food pan because the cake won't rise
- They are right
- Big news in politics right now
- All I will say is that I watch the news these days on my laptop with earphones
- Some presumptive nominee's voice scares the dog
- Nothing and no one is allowed to scare the dog
- Do you think I can make blue jello look like water?
- How much do vegans eat?
- Do vegans eat blue jello?
- I think I have figured that one out myself
- Never be someone who says "at my age'
- Don't even think it
- On trampolines
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"