- My daughter and I in the fabric store
- I have to go to a wedding
- What do you like best?
- The turquoise, the shocking pink, or the coral?
- What about black?
- No black, done with black
- Besides it's a wedding
- OK. What about navy?
- Yes I could do navy. I have navy shoes and a bag
- You mean match? No you can't do that.
- I like to match
- Mom no. I mean it
- So what am I going to wear?
- How about grey?
- Let's get those buttons. I can come back later.
- Offline for the last week because I have been doing childcare for seven days
- And helped my Texas bound son clean his place
- Out where he lives there is a sign on the church
- "Blessing of the surfboards Sunday"
- Church a block away is selling ice cream cones every afternoon as a fund raiser for Cuba and Uganda
- Good for instilling values
- As in any more hitting and no ice cream all summer
- Have made a few things but need a photographer over the age of 7
- Got to wait for the weekend to do that
- Got a Singer Rocketeer for $50 from a man who had it set up in his backyard on a table
- Sounds so smooth
- But needs a major cleaning
- Read you can soak them in kerosene overnight in a bucket
- Got a feeling I am not going to be doing that
- Got it to run a old template buttonholer
- Excited and want to do a post on that
- Have so so many sewing projects in my head
- Think I may make a few bags
- My wallet is shot
- Pretty excited about that
- Let's face it
- My sewing is not on the edge
- It's right in the middle
- Now off to remind everyone about the church ice cream
Sewing with less stress back cover
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to Barbara Emodi's monthly Newsletter
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Posted by Barbara at 7:32 AM