- My last real class of the term today.
- Now I think I will miss them.
- New year I am going to make a Chanel jacket.
- About time.
- Mainly because someone said it was like wearing a cardigan.
- I like cardigans.
- Looks like I am going to be asked to teach more distance courses in the future.
- This will suit me very well. I can knit while I am online with the headset.
- Two dogs, one ball in a house while there is rainstorm outside is crazy.
- There would be no Christmas at all if we left it to the men.
- Just a turkey and no vegetables.
- And presents bought at Canadian Tire (just what it sounds like) at 5:00 p.m. Christmas Eve.
- I can't find Jarbo Garn sock wool anywhere.
- It is the only yarn bulky and soft enough for fast socks.
- The one mail order place I tried ran out.
- Might have to go to Canadian Tire.
- My last child to move out next month has suddenly started to clean up.
- A sign he is ready to go.
- He broke the vacuum.
- They all are neater in their own places then they were here.
- Do you send out Christmas cards anymore?
- A few students have brought me some.
- Happy holidays written in big careful first year script.
- I am excited about my bra-making workshop on Saturday.
- I have made bras before but the teacher is funny.
- After teaching all term I want to be taught.
- My husband is going to be home two weeks at Christmas.
- He can buy the turkey.
- And walk the dogs.
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Posted by Barbara at 7:31 AM