- Miss Scarlett has a new sister, Heidi, born this morning. Great delivery, perfect baby.
- I slept over to take care of Miss S. Went into her room this morning "Hi Babs, you are wearing jammies, cool."
- My middle son is now in NYC and loving it.
- 2.5 hour plane ride.
- My youngest son has had a job offer in Newfoundland.
- 1.5 hour plane ride.
- My sister was hospitalized with a serious heart issue - turned out not to be that, more tests.
- Tech person at school moved my online midterm out of my section by mistake. They then moved the final back in instead by mistake.
- 45 students wrote a test on material I haven't taught them.
- 45 students assuring me they studied for weeks and would have got 100% on the right test and would like me to take that into account.
- My kitchen cupboards are in and I have no idea how to use the storage space I have been waiting 20 years for.
- My mom fell out of bed and really hurt herself. Still cheerful as hell as per usual though.
- I made significant progress on my corduroy jacket - ran down to the sewing room when I could for stress relief.
- Made a substantial contribution to the financial stability of Fabricmart as I felt I needed further stress relief.
- Little Heidi is perfect. Just perfect.
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
I will be back soon
It's been a busy last three days - here is what has happened in that time frame around here:
Posted by Barbara at 7:55 PM