- My DC-then London-almost NYC son is coming home for a few days this week en route.
- Time to finish those shirts I have been working on for 1.5 years
- Why did I put those sleeve plackets on backwards in the spring?
- I wasted an hour of sewing time researching cognitive degeneration on the internet.
- Where is that really good seam ripper?
- You know the one with the dog tooth marks on the handle.
- Who decided to replace the chocolate bar dispenser at work with energy bars?
- Shouldn't there have been a vote about that?
- At 4:00 p.m. a girl needs Mr. Hershey.
- I offended the medical profession this week.
- Felt bad about that, particularly about those who also sew.
- My husband says the new baby is coming this week.
- He went into a trance while doing the dry-wall and predicted.
- My sewing guild has just changed the Sewing with a Plan Group to a just-finish-something group.
- We are all happy about that.
- I want a new sewing machine.
- I don't care about embroidery, 500 stitches, memory, mirroring or advanced anything. Just give me a nice stitch and a Reliable Buttonhole.
- That costs less than it would take to convert this house to solar energy.
- I would have done the shirts earlier if my buttonholes were trustworthy.
- My current machine is a former top-of-the-line.
- I am no longer going to my hairdresser of 20 years.
- I have changed up from someone who says "Oh god what can we do?" to someone who pats my shoulder and says "you have a very nice personality."
- Why did I wait this long?
- Dogs can smile.
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Here we go again, blogging when I should be cleaning.
Posted by Barbara at 9:19 AM