- Really enjoyed my week of Jalie reviews
- Now of course I am seeing other of the new patterns
- I am thinking more
- The Bobbie T shirt, the Julia underwear, and maybe the Rose top
- Woke up this morning ready to sew
- Like really sew
- Like really ready
- What's the opposite of losing your mojo?
- Anyone's Spanish that good?
- BTW got to learn Spanish
- Spending time near the Rio Grande next winter
- Because we have never been there
- So far I default to French with a Spanish accent
- Pretty sure that's not going to work
- Particularly since my French is highly incomplete
- Going to need a better system than that
- Going to make .20 versions of some of the patterns I reviewed too
- My head is exploding
- Getting no sense out of me for a while I can tell you
- Daisy's back is much better
- The acupuncture actually has really worked
- Pretty much every dollar spent on a spring in her step is worth it to me
- Her ear is flopped over the a and s on the keyboard
- Got to choose my words carefully
- Hardly do that when I talk
- Thinking ahead
- Going to be babysitting my daughter's 900 pound retriever this fall
- For three weeks
- Sort of like having Secretariat in the kitchen
- Daisy and the spouse might relocate to the rv
- Considering pop-up shop sewing classes
- Every now and then saying I am here
- Want to make ...?
- Would do it for the conversation
- Why do I think baby squirrels are adorable?
- But their mouse cousins not so?
- I have a binder for my cover hem
- Generic as my machine doesn't have one
- Supposed to tape it on somehow
- Putting this off
- Will cut into my sewing time
- But educational experiences are worth it
- I always say that after every disaster
- What do you think of swim shorts?
- Cutting up old bras for the bathing suit cups
- The ones in the store remind me of coffee filters
- Is that the look I want?
- Doing another Youtube tonight on hand sewing
- Got to get caught up
- Ran across my old school yearbooks
- Tracking down one of my daughter's she wanted
- In mine I looked at all the pictures of the cool girls
- Which did not include me
- I was the one not with the flip hairdo and the wing eyeliner
- Where are they now?
- Are they still mean?
- Or has life sorted that out?
- I was the one with the clothing inventions
- Hopefully now teenage "makers" feel cool
- I want to tell them
- Don't peak too early
- Imagine if your best years were that old?
- And your best moments were those that started under the dryer hood?
- My nerdiest friend is now a famous veterinary researcher
- OK it's in epilepsy in chickens
- But how many other people can say they are an expert in that?
- I made all my own clothes from age 12
- What was my mother thinking?
- Probably that I was out of her hair
- This means I have been doing what I love since I was 12
- How many people can say that?
- I am a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge was published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
SIGN UP BELOW FOR BARBARA EMODI'S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to Barbara Emodi's monthly Newsletter
SIGN UP TO FOLLOW BARBARA EMODI'S BLOG "SEWING ON TH EDGE"
Follow by Email