- A pause in the sewing this week
- My MIL fell and broke her hip one night
- A new hip and then an air ambulance home
- All is well
- Hasn't had any pain meds at all since day two
- They sure keep their cool that side of the family
- My side makes up for it
- Feeling like I should be sewing more
- Wonder if other sewing bloggers feel that pressure?
- Nothing to show
- Wonder if that's why other bloggers sometimes vanish?
- Not me
- If there is no sewing going on there still is thinking
- Have enough flypaper thoughts to fill a book
- For instance
- Do you ever notice how ugly pelicans are up close?
- And how amazingly elegant and beautiful they are when they all glide in formation?
- Takes my breath away how wonderful they look in the sky
- Maybe we are all like that
- Maybe we are only at our best when we are in our element
- Maybe the job should not be trying to look or be our best but to find that element?
- Take off to where we were meant to be
- Might take some time
- Miss Daisy is coming along so great
- Getting her dog back
- Hope we are her element
- Going to a Willie Nelson concert tonight in the amphitheatre
- Husband and I can't remember the last time we went to a concert
- This may be indicative of our age or lack of pre-existing coolness
- Of course Mr. Nelson is 82
- So tonight may not count in coolness points
- The Lowly worm sweater is now for me
- Turns out the sleeves are even narrower than the body
- Fits me fine although the right length (the only right part) for my 6'4" son
- Christmas after next is the one when he gets a sweater
- Are there people who buy their kids' presents?
- Mine probably wish I was one of those people
- Have been told 50 pairs of socks is enough for any two feet
- I needed a sweater
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Posted by Barbara at 1:30 PM