- Storm today, road washed out.
- Sewing room under 6 inches of water.
- Husband got home from work just in time to lift machines and fabric to safety.
- Tomorrow is my birthday.
- My mom sent me a Home Depot gift card.
- Good thing.
- Each son has asked for a sweater for Christmas.
- I have a feeling they mean Christmas this year.
- Last time we drove from Nova Scotia to Tennessee I knit two dish cloths and one sock.
- They have to be kidding.
- However my sewing room is under water.
- I have to stop talking to the TV.
- What's with those Viagra type commercials where the couple are suddenly transported to two bathtubs where they start to hold hands?
- I have three children and I have never held hands in twin bathtubs.
- And I am not going to start.
- The minister of finance is taking me out for lunch tomorrow.
- I knew him before this happened.
- Knowing him it's going to be separate checks.
- My husband had to take a sledge hammer to the concrete floor in my sewing room to make a place for the water to drain out.
- So far it has just filled up with water again.
- Now the floor has to be fixed.
- The dogs want to know why they haven't been taken out for a walk.
- Dog pee is a highly effective solvent on floor tile glue.
- Just so you know.
- I have just eaten two chocolate cherry blossoms.
- Thank god.
- I mean that.
- So far I have cast on one sweater.
- That's it for today.
- Try again tomorrow.
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazon
Thursday, October 20, 2011
What is plan B?