Tutorials

About me

My photo
I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi

Follow by Email

Follow me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, July 20, 2009

DKNY's Cozy




If you haven't already check out this cardigan thingy from Donna Karan and the video that goes with it, look for the 12 ways to wear it in the sidebar at the size. Also take a good look at the price and have a good think about the sewing time involved.

Erica Bunker fashionista extraordinaire did a nice version of this last summer and posted pictures on her blog

I am posting a couple of pattern thoughts here, I think the Vogue is closest, and I think too that some fine tuning of the length and hem shape might be necessary to get the DKNY look.

Sort of cooler when you see all the variations in the video than on the pattern envelope, a definite low risk project I think I will try to see if it makes me more stylish.

What do you think?

No comments: