Now we have that out of the way let's talk pants.
I had some rayon/ poly/lycra so I experimented this week with some pants.
The first was my favourite Margaret stretch wovens from Stylearc. I like this pattern a lot but lately I have been fed up a bit with the elastic waist thing sliding down when I move.
Remembering that I liked the yoga waist I put on some leggings, I dragged out some heavy supple knit and cut out a band and stitched that on instead. Much improvement in fit and feel although I wish I hadn't grabbed this fabric late at night, it is navy actually I had hoped for black
Here are the pants on me front and back:
I faced the waist casing with a scrap of poplin, which is the part of the pants I liked best:
As you can see these are fairly gathered in the casing and there is as a consequence a bit of that showing at the top:
Or maybe something like Stylearc Fifis would be another place to start. I kind of have got used to the comfort and sewing speed of pull-on pants.
Of course a traditional pants waist means considerable more time spent on fitting and fiddling and I will have to thing of a pattern to start working on. Quite a few other things on the table right now, so you might have to hold on with that one for a while.
And of course wider pants are going to mean new proportions in tops. Of course that means more patterns and fabrics to consider, so I am not seeing that as a real challenge.