Tutorials

About me

My photo
I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi

Follow by Email

Follow me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Fall sewing and ponte inspiration

I am trying to reduce the winter footprint as much as I can in my life.

Going down south and working remotely for three months a year sure has been a help in that campaign.

The fact is though that fall and winter still happen and happen even to me.

So the thought of fall/winter sewing is crossing my mind a bit these days.

Ponte is a fabric for that season.

I am sure you think those thoughts too.

For those of you in a planning mode here are some inspiration ideas from Simply Bella boutique in San Francisco.

I might try to do something similar myself:







3 comments:

Leigh said...

I love the color and print combos on the jackets. I'm always attracted to those, but they look like crap on me. The no-button look is just not for me. They hang open in a way that, instead of looking elegant, implies they won't cover my stomach. I find that I fuss with them all day. I finally decided that I'd use a button version. So the idea is great, but for me needs a tweak to the implementation.

Anonymous said...

These look like San Francisco and Texas jackets! Not warm enough for real winter here, much less where you live!

ceci

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Oooooohhhhhh I like all three of the items you highlighted! Especially the top with the added color blocking details.