- Just so you know the handy sewing hints don't work on the weekend
- The staff, Daisy and me, are working for the next two days on the Talia pants
- Brilliant fabric came in this afternoon from Hart Fabrics
- Such a nice day
- Spent a good part of it with Susan a blog reader/friend who lives here in Florida
- We walked, ate, and discussed everything that matters in life
- Dogs, sewing, family, fairness in the workplace and outside, and what fabric to use to recover a sofa
- I tried on a moto jacket in denim with rib knit sections where the body moves
- It was in a small and Susan thought it fit and I felt it was tight
- Discussed whether or not I wear things too loose
- Such an important issue to consider
- How about you?
- Do you have one body area that you dress the rest to hide?
- Should we be 18 year olds and not care about the loose middle?
- Also what is your feeling on cherry pie?
- Or key lime?
- The middle will have to be lived with
- There is a little dog here with a tiny body and big ears like a rabbit
- Daisy and I get up early to see that dog out for a walk
- How can you not smile first thing when you see a dog with rabbit ears?
- The RV park is so great
- A man gave me his business card, address with "on the road to everywhere"
- There is a navy wife home schooling five kids
- She looks tired and has a creationist sticker on the car
- Kids look pretty damned happy
- There is a widow doing her first trip solo with her Welsh terrier
- When I walk at night I see them in bed through her open door, reading
- Quiet, safe, and going to be fine
- I have met a man who volunteers at national parks, one after the other all year
- I saw a late middle aged woman out shooting hoops by herself on the basketball court
- Sinking them
- There is an older woman here with a tattoo of her cat on her chest
- And there is the man who calls out "hello young lady" every morning
- You can do anything here and people just walk by and smile
- Of course you are sewing jeans on a picnic table with the machine plugged into the side of the RV
- We are booked solid here
- How hard does it have to be?
- It is so calm here tonight
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi
Friday, March 4, 2016
Flypaper thoughts Friday night
Posted by Barbara at 7:38 PM