- Only the waistband to go on the Vado boyfriend jeans
- Apart from the fact I lied to the program about my hip measurement
- They are awesome
- More later
- Sent the husband on the scooter across town to Walmart to buy interfacing
- Best I could do
- They tried to sell him Stitch Witchery
- He knew to call
- When I was 16 I worked for the Hudson Bay's Northern Stores in the warehouse in the summer
- We sent the Inuit paper thin pyjamas on the boats before the ice closed up the routes
- In return they sent us soapstone carvings
- My boss was an old guy who had been in U boats in the war
- When things got tense he would crouch down and run
- Too much time in the subs someone told me
- I have thought of him sewing in the RV
- My ironing board is set up on a shelf under some overhead cupboards
- You would think if someone stood up under a cupboard 47 times she would learn
- Apparently not
- There are a few old men in Nova Scotia who were in the U boats in the war
- They looked through the periscopes and thought "looks pretty nice"
- Came back later
- A half done roll of paper towels makes a good sleeve roll
- I read a resume this week
- Wouldn't it be cool if people wrote true things?
- How about "Worrying: 1962-present"
- Did you have a good Valentine's day?
- I did
- Sat across the table in a restaurant from the man who once met a 45 year old woman with three teenagers, a cranky dog and a semi-renovated house and proposed because "I figured if I didn't someone else would snap you up."
- All these years I have let him think that is true
- However Valentine's day meant I missed Downton Abbey
- Never even crossed my mind
- Besides they broadcast last week before this week every Sunday
- I could so live with a lady's maid
- Every time Lady Mary steps out of her clothes and leaves them on the floor
- I think I could do that
- Live like a teenager
- And how about having someone do your hair every morning and all you have to do is move aside the breakfast tray and stagger to the dressing table?
- I could do that too
- And anytime you were bored you just have to ask Anna What's up?
- Modern life you lie there and discuss whether or not the dog really does need to go out for a pee this early
- Just not the same
- Tomorrow waistband and button loops
- Brace yourselves
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi
Monday, February 15, 2016
Flypaper thoughts rv edition
Posted by Barbara at 9:48 PM