I have had my 14 year old niece visiting, doing the work thing, and general life.
This afternoon I am going AWOL however and taking my machine, a layer cake, and the pieces for that purse I have been wanting to make over to a get together of some sewing friends.
Really due for that.
Listen I have to tell you how much I have read and re-read your comments on the last post, re hair and glasses. This is probably vanity but when you go through certain stages you realize that you need to retool your look so you look like a good version of yourself in the time and place you are now.
And when you do the grey thing the fact is the colours you wear change and you have to make some decisions.
The best way to describe this, and my week, is in the list. Good luck with it.
Then off I go to pack up my sewing:
- My niece is so smart.
- She lives with her mother and my mom and this is a reflection of that household.
- My kids didn't watch only documentaries at 14.
- I believe Drop Dead Fred and Braveheart (viewed 24 times by the boys) were on then.
- I can recite "Men of Scotland " in my sleep.
- Too bad Mel Gibson went off the rails.
- Good thing he made that speech before he did.
- At least the boys think so.
- I am seriously considering dumping the grey and black and going navy and colours as my new neutrals.
- 30 years work/dressing to standard is just about long enough.
- I have decided to do some fill in the gap activities with my niece.
- We have done how to cook Thai, plum cobbler, and 14 easy vegetarian lunches.
- So far so good.
- Texting trumped my "let's can five quarts of beans" session however.
- Don't get that.
- Have taught her to knit.
- She is about where I am skill wise after half an hour.
- There is a lesson there but I have a feeling I am not going to learn it.
- Taught her how to remove shoulder pads from Value Village items.
- Totally failed trying to explain the 80s.
- Thinks I am faking it that we wore these things.
- Plus button earrings.
- Was on radio yesterday again.
- Sat in a studio with learned folks and said things like "that's nuts".
- Maybe the person who lives in the blog should stay in the blog.
- Saying what you really think can make you sound like a dip.
- Take it from one who knows.
- They want me back.
- This is stressful.
- Am going to be doing some webinars for Burdastyle.
- My people get the dip.
- This is not stressful.
- Have ordered smaller, pink rimmed glasses.
- Haggled down my optometrist assistant who revealed they had made two pairs of my lens by mistake.
- Got a cut price on the frames.
- Think she thinks I should go quietly.
- Like in a denim jumper down to my calves.
- Not happening kiddo.
- Like I should be taking fashion advice from a woman who wears a strapless sequinned T shirt to work.
- Doesn't she know I have a face for radio.
- Eyelid primer is a great invention.
- Should have had it in the 80s.
- Am thinking it is all about the lipstick.
- Thanks to the blog reader who said get off the diary.
- Thank you thank you.
- Saw ENT and my reflux throat is A OK and I am off the meds.
- Think the dr. is annoyed.
- He told me medication was the only answer.
- I feel great.
- And I get to go sew now too.