I am always stumped though on the next steps, which involves nominating and passing on the award to ten other bloggers. The thing is so many bloggers I read most frequently you all do and I would like to reserve the right, and I will do this, to recognize new blogs I am noticing.
Today I want to mention Mainelydad a self-taught sewist who does beautiful work, all the really hard stuff, and continues to challenge himself. Right now he is warming up to make a kilt.
One of the things of course about these blogger awards is the recipient is usually asked to say a few surprising things about themselves and of course that is always interesting.
I have put off doing this because I am not sure I can think of what about me is surprising, or important, or interesting.
But here goes.
Ten things you maybe didn't know about me:
- I don't get out of bed in the morning until I read the NY Times, the local paper, and three other online news sources. I like to know what's going on and don't want to be caught off guard.
- I was once in a bank during a robbery and didn't notice it. I was too busy helping a blind man use the ATM. I only looked up when the police arrived.
- I eat more than a 14 year old boy.
- I am the same height as I was in high school.
- I have sewn pretty much all of my clothes since I was 12.
- I used to go on business trips with a computer case with a small sewing machine disguised in it. I used the hotel lobby computer to do my work.
- Nancy Zeiman once read my hint.
- I was once mistaken for a body guard at a political event.
- At cocktail parties I talk to the dogs and the kids and wait to go home.
- I have failed to learn to crochet nine times. This year.