- Where did my week go?
- Oh now I remember, I spent it with Wolf Blitzer.
- More or less worn out with the US election.
- And I was only an observer.
- Big reality check for a lot of folks.
- Generally a good thing.
- Also dealing with November student melt-down.
- Pajamas in class and late night emails.
- "Do I put quotation marks around quotations?"
- "Do you want research for this research paper?"
- "I am failing your course but I love it. Do you think I should study?"
- Sometimes there is too much instant in instant messaging.
- Trying to find a dress pattern for my mother.
- 85 and she wants something new to wear when she tutors at the elementary school.
- Don't quite make patterns for that kind of old lady.
- She will kill me for the old part.
- Have two jackets to show you.
- Maybe tomorrow.
- On a roll.
- Off to NYC next week.
- Have solved problem of how to carry home fabric.
- Am only going to buy silk or very expensive - that should restrict volume.
- Making a list of how much I need for my new TNTs
- Tend to get carried away.
- Last time bought 5 yards for one Chanel jacket.
- Linton tweed
- And I am a real Chanel drop-out.
- Make me an offer.
- How did Christmas end up being next month?
- Am I going to be ready?
- For what year?
- I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Posted by Barbara at 5:50 PM