Friday, October 19, 2012
I thought you would enjoy this.
My youngest son has just brought over a pair of "raw denim" jeans to hand wash. The idea of hand washing is beyond his great brain.
I had to google the instructions but he was right.
Raw denim is denim that has not had the dye rinsed out. Therefore as you wear it, the dye comes away in the creases and you get patterns of fade that are individual.
"Like the human finger print!" the manufactures claim.
In case you are ever up against raw denim here is what you are supposed to do:
1. Wear them all the time. Sleeping in your jeans is recommended.
2. Waiting 6 months to wash them.
3. Yes you read #2 right.
4. Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and a non-detergent detergent.
5. Turn the jeans inside out and submerge them and weigh them down with something.
6. Soak for 45 minutes, rinse, and hang outside, upside down, to dry.
7. Go back and see your mom in 6 months.
On the leading edge over here.
Posted by Barbara at 12:49 PM