Tutorials

About me

My photo
I am a mother, a new grandmother, and a teacher. But whatever happens in my life, I keep sewing. I have worked as a political communicator and now as a teacher in my formal life. I have also written extensively on sewing. I have been a frequent contributor and contributing editor of Threads magazine and I write a monthly humour/sewing column for the Australian magazine Dressmaking with Stitches. My first book Sew.. the garment-making book of knowledge will be published in May 2018 and is available for pre-order from Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbara+emodi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abarbara+emodi

Follow by Email

Follow me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, January 17, 2011

Belts for spring

For those of you who have not seen the spring RTW collections go to the NY Times and have a look.


After some discussion about the grey Vogue dress with the giant bow I was very intrigued to see the exact same belt in Caroline Herrera's spring collection- sort of an Obi with a cord tie. You can see the collection here.


Here is a close-up of the belts, part of this spring's obi revival and very make-it-yourself friendly.

No comments: