Monday, October 12, 2015

Flypaper thoughts Canadian Thanksgiving night


  • Vegetable sides in the crockpot are a good idea
  • So often they get cold in the waiting
  • Going to sew for myself this week
  • Think it is my turn for it to be my turn
  • Ended up this weekend developing a dvt from the minor non invasive surgery to prevent dvts
  • Got to it in time which is a good thing
  • As my mother's cousin used to say
  • "you never know from where you sit when the man in the balcony is going to spit'
  • He was a department store detective
  • Obviously an observer of life
  • Just so you know if you are voting in Canada vote for the party and not the man or woman
  • We have a parliamentary system and party policy not people are what counts
  • Backbenchers might as well be the wallpaper
  • Sounds mean but this was the one thing I learned from politics
  • I will be back in compression socks
  • Have taken apart my late father-in-law's laziboy
  • Planned for it to be my first upholstery project
  • Not such a good idea
  • But what to do?
  • Every time I threatened to take it to the curb a kid, son-in-law, niece, nephew protested
  • Said it was the most comfortable chair of all time
  • Yeah but it has 9,000 staples in it and I don't have a clue what all these pieces are for 
  • I could sew 10 SWAPS with the time it is going to take to finish this project
  • But it is comfortable
  • When re-assembled
  • Some things you just can't get ahead of
  • Some things just happen
  • That's when it is time to sew something

7 comments:

Sox said...

I agree; VOTE!!

barbaraq said...

OMG a dvt from treatment to prevent same? I am celebrating today for my doctor's blessing to quit Warfarin after a DVT in May. But compression socks are forever. I appreciate all your research on that subject.

celkalee said...

First, your wedding photo's were lovely, the dresses classic and perfect. Second, so sorry about the DVT business, understand that well. Glad Miss Daisy is stable and yes, sew for you, just you.

patsijean said...

Time for some of those protesters to help pull out those staples. The sooner that is accomplished, the sooner you are finished and they can enjoy the chair again.

Mary said...

Just a thought, if you have recurring DVTs, particularly in the left leg, has anyone checked you for May-Thurner Syndrome? Glad you caught the DVT in time. Otherwise, I, like others do appreciate your previous compression sock reviews.

Barbara said...

Mary thanks, good thinking, but I have had two, 30 years apart in the right leg only. Should have been a clear procedure but Dr., highly recommended, failed to dose me as recommended with anti-coagulants for my manageable clotting disorder. He made a mistake, and agrees this was undoubtedly preventable. What's done is done. I will be fine but can't help thinking I could have put that money to a new sewing machine and continued happily in my knee socks. Lesson there not sure yet what it is, but will figure it out.

Laceflower said...

I'm not understanding the medical talk but glad you are ok with the final outcome. I do appreciate your compression sock investigation; I got a pair to wear on the days I am on my feet a lot.