Got in about 1:00 a.m. and my husband had a hot dish of stuffed peppers made for me and a big batch of oatmeal and cranberry cookies. What sort of person drives all day from Tennessee to Florida and then cooks and bakes? Completely sure it wouldn't be what I would be doing.
Guess I lucked out.
Back to sewing.
In all my waiting in airports time I decided to start a new list. Not a "what I need to sew list" not a SWAP or wardrobe planning list, but a list of clothes that I have always thought my whole life were cool or handy.
I would love it if you would add your own ideas to this list.
To give you an idea of what I mean here is the start of my List:
- A red knitted cabled cardigan, long enough to cover my rear. Sometimes you are cold and you want warming and cheering up. I have never owned one of these. Maybe I could knit myself one. That should take me about 12 years.
- High waisted black crepe "Hollywood pants". These would be good to have in the closet and wouldn't go out of style. Because of the looseness of the leg this is just about the only pants I could wear that I would dare tuck a blouse into. Good pants. Almost had a pair once but they were a blend and too big.
- Black and white saddle shoes. These were the first shoes I ever wore as a kid that I thought were cool. Used to get them out of my closet and just look at them. The beginning of my shoe addiction. Since I am a sort of grown up now these might morph into golf shoes unless I can find something somewhere daywearable.
- Seer sucker summer pajamas. Good quality 100% cotton. Tough to find, never owned any would wear them all the time.
- One of those red jackets from the 50's with the Mexican wool embroidery on them. Sort of like this but with more organized embroidery and in red of course. Again I caught a glimpse of one of these when I was a kid and was entranced by it. The Canadian prairies are not Mexico:
This is obviously only the beginning of the List but it is a really interesting exercise to just think of clothes you hanker for without letting your head by clouded with what's in style, what you need, what you have patterns for etc.
What would you add?