Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sewing for the sun

If you are like me you didn't take sun care of your skin when you were younger. Anyone else remember those home-made sun reflectors made of cardboard and tin foil? 


Well this year I had about five spots taken off my face by a dermatologist, those early change things. So in Florida I wore hats and swam with a made-by-me rash guard and tried to be sensible. With hair like mine too a hat is not a bad idea.


Anyway I was interested in this article this morning and made me think that this was something worth thinking about. Definitely something sewers can do so much more easily than other folks.

2 comments:

shams said...

Yeah, my mother died at the age of 54 of melanoma. I have never been a sun bunny.

Bunny said...

My baby brother has had two serious bouts with melanoma. Right now he is fine and we pray that continues. I did abuse the sun earlier in my life but once my entire family had to get checked because of John's melanoma it became very real. I am now having a great excuse to be the hat lady that I really am.